Update on PPE & Infection Control 15/1/21
We’ve had a good few queries since returning regarding PPE in particular and just wanted to update on our latest situation on some of these.
Gowns & Aprons
- - We have the full length long sleeved medical gowns in stock. They are disposable. We’ve set a limit of 20 per order at the moment until we get more stocks in as there is a big demand for them.
- - We are looking to source a reusable gown also and will let you know when we have updates on this.
- - We still carry the halterneck aprons in rolls of 200 and we know some are wearing these over the gown.
- - Our EN14683: 2019 type IIR fluid resistant surgical / Medical masks, we have good stocks of these. We’ve increased the discount to 15% on these to help further on the costs. You don’t have to purchase multiple boxes to get this reduction. They are in boxes of 50. These continue to be the recommended requirement for healthcare settings.
- - We’ve added the FFP2 Respirator masks also. These are to the recommended EN149:2001 CE 0086 standard. These would be needed if doing Aerosol generating procedures such as Chest Physiotherapy. They’re a very good quality mask, good closure around the face and additional padding around the nose area and feature to tie around the back of the head as alternative to around the ears (can wear both ways). They’re comfortable to wear and breathe in and would consider them better than the KN95 ones that we also have, so if you have been ordering the KN95s up to now I would definitely suggest trying the FFP2’s next time. They come in packs of 20.
We have good supplies on the other PPE products like the gloves, goggles, glasses, shields, wipeable pillows, couch roll etc and the Infection control products like the hand sanitiser, wipes, disinfectant sprays, thermometers etc and have been able to reduce price on some of the wipes.